Sunday, August 2, 2009

Handmade Magnet Swap

I'm currently involved in a handmade magnet swap on swap-bot. In this swap, I am to make one magnet for one partner that has my partner's name on it somewhere. My partner's name is Amanda. I decided to use my new favorite medium, polymer clay, for this project. I didn't really have a planned design before I started this project. I really never plan out anything. I just have a general idea of what I am doing and go from there. I usually just make it up as I go along. Here is the final product!


I am super pleased about how it turned out! The lettering and polka dots remind me of icing on a birthday cake. It's packaged up and ready to take to the post office. I really hope that she likes it! I had a lot of fun making it.

5 comments:

Holly said...

That's so cute! You're really doing great things with clay. There's a neat website I go to called Polymer Clay Central. They have tutorials and TONS of photos if you're ever interested in seeing what other people have done with clay.

I wanna do a magnet swap too! Is it still going on?

kiddomerriweather said...

This particular swap already has partners assigned, but I'm sure other great swaps will be coming up soon. If you're not already a member, join swap-bot and the "Handmade Magnets" Group.

Holly, you actually inspired me to do polymer clay magnets. It was that "You Rock" magnet that you included with the things I won in your giveaway that got me interested. Thank you so much!

lollywood said...

That's so cool you have a hello kitty bathroom, too!! Haha. I agree with Holly-- you are doing great with clay. It's a lot of fun, huh? You do a lot of swaps! I should check out swap-bot.

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

Head over to LOVE STITCHED and enter the back to school contest!! hurry ends soon!

Michelle G said...

when I first saw this I was like suz made a yummy brownie with pink frosting