Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Strawberry Needle Book

I'm currently in three swaps on Cut Out + Keep, two Newbie/Veteran swaps and a Little Plushie swap. I'm finished with one of the Newbie/Veteran swaps and am one project away from being finished with the Little Plushie swap (I'll be posting pictures soon). The other Newbie/Veteran swap has proved to be a challenge for me as my partner's interests could not be more opposite from mine. However, I find these prove to be my favorite swaps. We do have a love of food in common, so I decided to play up that angle.

While searching the internet for ideas yesterday, I came across an awesome craft blog called Happy Zombie. I had decided that a needle book would be a fun craft project to make and Happy Zombie had the perfect free pattern on their site! A felt strawberry needle book! Go HERE to download your free copy of this pattern from Happy Zombie. It's a super easy project to make and the results are really cute! Here is my finished version:

Outside Cover

Inside "Pages"

I used 3D fabric paint in lieu of embroidering all the little seeds on the cover. I also used felt glue to attach the leaves onto the cover instead of sewing them on. I've just recently discovered Beacon's Felt Glue (available at your local Hobby Lobby in the craft felt aisle or online at several retailers) and think that it's the most amazing invention ever! I highly suggest investing in a bottle or two!

Photobucket

No comments: