Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My New Addiction

Hello my name is Suzanne and I'm addicted to making Dotee Dolls.

A Dotee Doll is a little art doll originally created by a crafter named Dot. These dolls are meant to be traded or given as gifts, but never sold. The body of the doll should measure between 3 and 6 inches. The doll also needs a hanger and a tail.

Swap-bot seems to be the mecca for Dotee makers. I've been a member of swap-bot for several years, but since I've been sewing I've been on hiatus from the site. Out of boredom the other day, I decided to log back on and join some sewing swaps. Of course I was drawn to the Dotee swaps because of my love for making dolls. I've made a handful of Dotees in the past, but never really got into it like I have now. Here are two that I've made for upcoming swaps.

Annie Oakley Dotee Doll

Blue and Green Dotee Doll




Photobucket

No comments: