Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Craft Show Prep

On December 3rd and 4th, I'll be selling my creations at the St. James Episcopal Church's craft show in Knoxville, Tennessee. This is my first craft show and I'm really excited about it. Being broke as I am, I can't afford to go out and buy displays for my table. I was able to get a ring display for $3 after using a PayPal coupon on eBay. Everything else will have to be homemade.

I was really concerned about what I was going to do about a banner. I happened to have a large amount of off-white felt which made the perfect base for an indoor banner. I ended up stenciling my text on using freezer paper and fabric paint. I printed my logo on card stock, and then "laminated" it with packing tape. I then glued the logo onto the felt. Voila!


I put some old picture frames and a discarded cork board to use as well.  Using a frame, some plastic grid, and some vintage fabric given to me by a friend; I made an earring display.  I made two cushioned pin boards which will display necklaces and cell phone charms out of the remaining frames, the same vintage fabric, and some pillow stuffing.  Finally, my mother brought a cork board home from work that someone was throwing out.  I covered it with the same fabric and I'm going to use is to display my stenciled and appliqued bags.  Here are my results:

 
Click to Enlarge


I'll be posting pictures of my table  when it's all put together.  I'm really proud of my thriftiness by creating my own displays!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Sugar's Dream and RL said...

Looks great!!! I cant wait to see more pics! I am so excited for you!

Cabootique said...

I love that you're creating your own displays...so much more fun to look at! Good luck with the craft show, can't wait to hear how it went!

Oddbreed said...

Im super excited for you Kiddo! I hope you sell EVERYTHING! xox

milka said...

prelepo , hajde da se igramo kod mene vas čeka nagrada ... pozzz

Dustee said...

:) I agree with Odd, and I hope it goes wonderfully for you hon.

Kitkat said...

These look great - good luck :) Can't wait to see the pics from the fair.

Anonymous said...

have a fun show!! and there's nothing wrong with a thrifty display, i love your banner! the diy displays are usually the ones that people notice the most and like.

Sonia Valdez said...

Wonderful idea for a banner. My daughter and I just did our first Craft show also, and we did it with out a banner not a good idea. Good job on the display boards. One thing I wish I had done was group things by price and do little price point tents.