Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I Made a Scoodie!


This morning I was browsing the projects on Cut Out + Keep and saw all these projects for knitted scoodies. A scoodie is a scarf/hoodie hybrid. Since I can't knit, and have an abundance of fleece; I decided I'd sew one up. I found a tutorial on indietutes, but only read enough of it to learn how to make the pattern. I just winged everything else. If you don't know me by now, I'm not one that likes to follow tutorials because honestly reading and following instructions is quite difficult for me. I'm more of a hands-on learning type crafter, and often just fly by the seat of my pants. This was such an easy project to do and only took me about an hour to complete. The entire thing is hand stitched using a back stitch since I'm sewing machine illiterate. Since this one looks a little too Virgin Mary, I'm going to monsterfy it! I'll be sure to share it with you all once I'm finished.

Photobucket

No comments: