Monday, November 1, 2010

It Was A Happy Halloween!

I'm the third zombie from the left.

Halloween is definitely my favorite holiday, but unfortunately the past few years have been pretty lackluster because I didn't really have anyone to celebrate it with. This year was the best Halloween I've had in a long time! First, I got out of my creative slump and made a pumpkin plushie for my niece (see previous post) which she loved. While playing JMKit's Halloween game, which was released yesterday, I noticed that I make a cameo as a zombie at the end (see picture above). How awesome is that? To be featured in a game made by your favorite artist is really an honor, and as a zombie nonetheless! Finally, I spent the evening making cute little Halloween treat bags with my friend Jason. I hadn't seen Jason in several years and we had tons of laughs while catching up. He just bought a new home and this was his first year handing out treats to the neighborhood kids and I was glad to help out. I didn't wear a costume, but wore a $5 tee I bought at Walmart that had a rib cage and a stitched up heart on it. My monster hoodie came in handy as the night got colder. I did get a little freaked out at one point during the night. The street was free of trick or treaters and I looked up and saw Michael Myers lumbering down the street. He stopped in the middle of the street and turned around and stared at us for a few seconds. The costume was really good, so I was a bit uneasy for a few minutes. lol Even though I didn't get all dressed up and attend any parties, I still had a great time! Thanks to my great friends and Michael Myers for making this a very memorable Halloween!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Dustee said...

Well, that sounds really cool. I'm glad you had a good Halloween! :)

Blair McLeod said...

sounds like an awesome costume!

p.s. you'll want to check out wild & precious today! i think you will be very excited!! (hint hint.. you won!!)

OneFourSeven said...

Sounds more exciting than my Halloween. lol.

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween! So cool that you were made into a zombie! I wish I lived in a more trick or treat friendly neighborhood! We just had two trick or treaters! :( One day, I'd like to just be able to sit outside and have lots and lots of kiddos come in their awesome costumes for candy!

Sonia Valdez said...

How wonderful. That's a lot of good things all in one day. Well except for the Michael Myers part. I'm so glad you are out of your creative slump.