Sunday, November 14, 2010

Custom Order: Polar Bear Hoodie


I can finally say I am very happy with how this hoodie turned out. This is one of two custom orders that I am doing for a friend of a friend (the other is a shark hoodie). I started this hoodie the other day at 7 a.m. and by 7 p.m. that night I was "finished" with it, but extremely unhappy. It took me so long to do because I was displeased with how it came out the first go around, so I redid every single part of the polar bear, disassembled it and reassembled it, and then did so at least one more time following that. When I was finally "finished," I discovered a hole behind one of the ears and sewed it up, but it had left a huge blemish. I was just ready to call the hole thing quits! My mom took the hoodie from me and fixed the ears so that they covered the blemish. Then a couple of days later, I picked the bane of my existence back up and simply changed the nose and voila! I think it turned out awesome in the end and I hope the customer loves it as well.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Holly said...

I think it looks perfect! I love that you pay so much attention to detail. That's important when you care about your craft, even if you do drive yourself crazy sometimes. Nice work, girl!

Sonia Valdez said...

That turned out great! I've done something similar but for my nephew's bath towel with hood. They look so cute on a sweater hood.

The AfterCraft said...

Oh my word!! That is ADORABLE!! love it!

Anonymous said...

it looks awesome! the ears and nose are too cute! it's great that you really stuck with it and didn't give up! special orders can be frustrating because you just want it to be perfect, and when you finally get it done.. what a relief it is!

Custom Hoodies said...

Ah dude.......It looks fantastic! Great design and this is perfect for you.You are looking so quit in hoodies.I love this new design.