Monday, November 15, 2010

Shark Hoodie: Work In Progress

I began work on the shark hoodie which is a custom order for a friend of a friend. I started with the hard part first, the fin. It took me about 2 hours to construct out of regular felt and stiff felt. It's both sewn and glued. Notice the snaps I added to the bottom. I sewed the other part of the snaps to the backside of the hoodie so the customer can easily remove the fin whenever he wants.



I decided to add gills to this shark hoodie as the customer wanted it to look more menacing.  I couldn't decide on what eyes to use so I've sent some pictures to the customer so he can choose or suggest his favorite eyes.  Here are a couple of the choices.


After I sew on the eyes and gills, all that is left to do are the teeth. I'll post pictures of the finished hoodie as soon as I get it done! Later.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Sugar's Dream and RL said...

Looking great!!! I wonder what eyes he will pick!!! I cant wait to see it when its done!!! You are doing awesome!!

Oddbreed said...

WOW! clever idea with the snaps! looking sweet!

Anonymous said...

the gills are a nice touch! looking good so far!

Elki said...

I love this! Can't wait to see!