Wednesday, April 29, 2020

My First Teesha Moore Inspired Bag

In the past I've participated in many Teesha Moore inspired patch swaps on swap-bot.  I've never counted how many patches I've received and I can't begin to guess.  I have them in a large tote bag being put to no use whatsoever.  My BFF, Naomi, has made me 2 bags and 2 journal covers from some of my favorites.  A couple of years ago, I got up the courage to try and make my own bag.  The patches didn't all line up and I got discouraged, so I put it away and it was forgotten.  I found it the other day and had an idea that if I could add a border to each panel then that would even out the unevenness.  I chose one of my favorite faux bois fabrics and essentially made the panel of patches into one large patch.  The entire bag is hand sewn.  The handle is made from fabric scraps twisted into rope that I divided up into 3 parts and braided.  I received the fabric rope in a swap years ago and didn't have use for it until now. Here is the finished product.



No comments: