Monday, April 6, 2020

Pixel Therapy

Starting this afternoon and into the evening, things were rough for me.  At times I was depressed and at times I was numb.  I had 2 or 3 good days prior to today and I thought the worst was over.  I guess I started worrying once I heard that things were going to get worse and we were going to have a "Pearl Harbor/911" moment with regard to the pandemic.  I had to keep my mind off of the madness, but I didn't feel like crafting or doing traditional drawings.  I have the program, PikoPixel, on my computer so I thought I'd play around with it.  I browsed the free icon bases on deviantART and found several that I liked.  Here are 3 of my favorite icons that I made today.  They are all in my likeness since I love doing self portraits.  It's not due to vanity by any means.  I just think I make a good character.  =P

The base for this first one was created by ChibiPancake on deviantART.  Keep in mind that I'm a total novice at this and I'm still learning.  Shading is not one of my strong suits.  


The next base is by Sody-Pop on dA.  I had to make at least one COVID-19 related pixel.


Finally, I made a whole body pixel icon with a base by fuwaffy on dA.  


I made 3 other pixel icons, but these are my favorites.  Making these icons really lifted my spirits.  I feel so much better than I did earlier.  I did make one from scratch today: a bottle of hand sanitizer.


If you'd like to see more of my art, you can see it on my deviantART page.  

No comments: