Friday, September 25, 2009

Dirty Skanks!

No, I'm not going where you think I am with this one. I entered a swap on swap-bot called "Dirty Skanks." The coordinator of the swap made a typo and it stuck. She meant to say "Dirty Shanks." Dirty Shanks are cards that look pretty, but the message is quite the opposite. HERE is the official blog if you'd like to learn a little more history and see some examples.

When I signed up for this swap I jumped right in and became addicted. I was pissed at the time, so insults were flowing pretty easily in my mind. My original shanks say:

"I would tell you to go to hell, but I'm already there and don't particularly care for your company."

"Trick or Treat! Please give me the apple WITHOUT the razor blade, scary old lady."

"Bon Voyage! Please don't come back."

"Happy Birthday! I thought you'd be dead by now."

"Everyone knows you lie about your age."

"Many Thanks! For Nothing!"

And a saying I had seen before was also incorporated into one of my cards:

"If we were running for our lives together during the zombie apocalypse, I'd trip you."

I found making these to be very therapeutic. You get to make something pretty, but offensive or sarcastic at the same time! What could be better? I'd love to hear what your card(s) would say! (Sorry I didn't post pictures, but I'm tired and lazy. I couldn't resist sharing my insults though.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the link. I love it! I am now following "Dirty Skanks!"

Jonesy said...

ok, i've stuck a couple up on my blog, i've still got a coupla other ideas...

Anonymous said...

wow great ideas!!!!
where can I see your cards?????
thanks for the shout out on your blog - I love making new friends!

Holly said...

Your insults are HILARIOUS! It's so cool that you channeled your pissed-off mood into something creative and witty. I totally admire that.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Hollyrocks, the first one is really funny!! LOL, I'm still cracking up about it. So gotta remember that one!! Will check out the link though, way to go!!!