Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bunnies!



I started making these bunnies over a month ago. They started out as part of the LOST swap project for Alejandra. (I totally forgot to take pictures of Ale’s LOST swap before I sent it out, but will post pictures of hers when I receive it). I initially made the infamous Bunny 8 by using a fabric marker to draw on the 8 and the eyes. The marker bled too much on the felt, so I decided to embroider those elements onto the bunny instead.

I had so much fun making and remaking Bunny 8, but knew that many people who I wanted to give the bunnies to would not appreciate the LOST reference. So instead of the 8, I chose the heart to replace it. I’ve even made a few zombie bunnies with a stitched heart and x-ed out eyes of which I sent a couple to my friend, Stu, of BuyZombie.com.



I’m now making these bunnies as graduation gifts for my fellow group therapy members, birthday gifts, and Happygrams on Cut Out + Keep. I even made an Alice in Wonderland White Rabbit version for the Alice in Wonderland swap on Cut Out + Keep which I just sent out to Jeanette. (I forgot to take pictures of everything I created in that swap as well, but will post pictures of her creations when I receive them).

I am completely addicted to making these little bunnies. They are so fun and easy to make and sewing seems to calm my nerves a lot. So don’t be surprised if you receive your own little bunny in the mail from me!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lil Deville said...

Squeee! They are so cute=D