Thursday, March 19, 2020

deviantART - 1, kiddo - 0

In case you didn't notice, I finally got a response from dA and I updated my original post here.  Since then, I have not heard back from anyone at dA.  The fat shaming thread is still going strong.  The disturbing thing is that no one is standing up against the OP (original poster).  I haven't posted in the thread because I know anything that I say will just be mocked.  Then I will get mad and go off on a swearing spree.  I tend to have a short fuse when it comes to trolls and ignorant people.  So I am admitting defeat.  I hate doing so, but at this point I think I've done all that one person can do.  I'm just disgusted that in this day and age certain groups of people are still being attacked because they are different.  I'm also disgusted that people who are charged with protecting these groups do nothing to ensure that they are treated fairly.  I feel that since dA runs the site, they should make sure that all their patrons feel welcome in all areas of the site and that they aren't discriminated against by any of their other members.   

No comments: